Knowledge. Prevention. Protection.
From data breaches to phone scams, consumer fraud has been on the rise. Because Mill City cares about you and your financial well-being, we’re committed to providing the tools you need to guard against fraudulent tricks and scams.
The Federal Trade Commission estimates that 25 million Americans become victims of consumer fraud each year.
Fraud prevention basics:
- Never reveal personal information or account numbers to telemarketers, prize personnel, or anyone you have not initiated contact with.
- Beware of overpayment or checks in excess from people who want money returned.
- Realize that you cannot win a lottery you haven’t entered, nor should you have to pay to obtain winnings.
- Shop online at sites that are secure and trusted. Look for a lock icon in the browser window or a URL that begins with “https:” to indicate the site uses encryption to protect your information.
- Be alert to the types of information requested online. Is this information required to complete the transaction?
- Take your time, request offers in writing, and do research to ensure a reputable transaction.
- Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
See additional fraud prevention tips from the FTC.