Making the Greater Good Even Greater Criteria, Rules, Disclosures + Nomination Agreement
Mill City believes prosperity can only be achieved when connected to a vibrant, healthy community that is sustainable for the long term. Inspired by the credit union movement’s rooted philosophy – people helping people – Making the Greater Good Even Greater recognizes our non-profit and small business neighbors who contribute to the greater good of our community.
Nominations for local, impact-conscious small business and non-profit organizations who are making a difference by creating a stronger, healthier and more sustainable community.
Nominations Are Open To: *
*Local Small Business
To be considered a local small business you must meet the following criteria:
- “Independently owned and operated” with a primary location in one of the following MN counties: Hennepin, Carver, Meeker, McLeod, Wright, Ramsey, Washington or Northern Dakota
- Have a total net revenue of $500,000 or less as filed with IRS in the most recent calendar year
Local Non-Profit Organization
To be considered a local non-profit organization you must meet the following criteria:
- Operating with a primary location in one of the following MN counties: Hennepin, Carver, Meeker, McLeod, Wright, Ramsey, Washington or Northern Dakota
- Have tax exempt status under IRS section 501c3
The Credit Union reserves the right to reject nominations, but will not do so based on race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, age or sexual orientation.
Making the Greater Good Greater Program OFFICIAL RULES.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. This program is designed to generate votes used to determine the recipients of a one-time donation.
2. ODDS OF WINNING. Dependent on the number of entries received and the quality of those entries.
3. NOMINATIONS. Anyone may nominate a small business with net revenue $500,000 or less or a non-profit organization that has 501©3 status. Nominations must have a primary location in the following Minnesota Counties: Hennepin, Carver, Meeker, McLeod, Wright, Ramsey, Washington or Northern Dakota. The Credit Union reserves the right to reject nominations, but will not do so based on race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, age or sexual orientation. Nominations will be accepted based on the nomination schedule posted on millcity.cccu.com/greatergood.
4. NOMINEE. Nominee must acknowledge disclosures, confirm they qualify based on above criteria (#3), and agree to participate in order to be included in the voting process. Proof of eligibility (small business designation letter, previous year tax records, 501c3 designation from the IRS, and/or other appropriate documentation and affidavit) will be required from nominees prior to receiving a donation payout. Nominees may not include credit union employees or their immediate family members.
5. VOTING. Votes will be accepted during a specific voting period after each eligible nomination period. The voting period will be stated on the Credit Union’s website and/or its Facebook page. One daily entry, per person. In order to vote, you must be a legal U.S. resident and age 18 or older. If only one organization is nominated in a category, voting for that category may be carried over to next voting cycle or award may be forfeited. Membership at the Credit Union is not required. Void where prohibited.
6. HOW TO VOTE. Go to https://www.facebook.com/millcitycccu or https://www.facebook.com/mncccu. Click on the Making the Greater Good Even Greater Tab and select which small business and local non-profit and select which organizations you would like to vote for. All entries become the property of the Credit Union.
7. LIMITATIONS. Nominated small businesses and non-profit organizations are limited to 1 award within the calendar year.
8. AWARD. Semiannually, one small business and one non-profit organization will receive a donation of $2,000. Donation payout will be made within 30 days following the most recent voting period. Organizations must provide proof of revenue or non-profit status within 5 business days or organization(s) with next highest votes will be selected as semiannual winner(s) and so forth until winning organization(s) provide documentation. If no winners are available, donation will be forfeited.
9. PRIVACY. The Credit Union does not sell, trade or release your email address to outside third parties. By participating in this program, you agree to receive email communications from the Credit Union.
10. LIMITED LICENSE TO USE TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS OF PARTICIPANTS. The Credit Union may display the logo and trademarks of participating entities (along with publicly available information about the participating entity in connection with this Program only). The Credit Union agrees that it will honor all reasonable requests by the participating entities when displaying trademarks and the like and will not mutilate or otherwise alter any participating entities trademarks or logos.
11. OPT-OUT. There is no requirement that any entity must participate in this Program, and any participant has the right to withdraw from the Program at any time. The Credit Union has no obligation to return any materials or data submitted by a Participant should it withdraw from the Program. Credit Union members (current + potential) may choose not to participate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 800.284.6328 or speaking to a representative in branch.
12. DISCLAIMER. Program is void outside the United States. By participating in the Making the Greater Good Even Greater Program, each nominee and voter fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Credit Union (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of nominations, the selection of nominees and winners, and the awarding of donations), which are final and binding in all respects. You agree that the Credit Union, and its advertising agencies, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any claim, injury, loss, or damage to any person or property that arises out of acceptance or use of any prize. Taxes on awards, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Void where prohibited by law. As a condition of receiving a donation, each winner must consent to the use of their name and likeness in the Credit Union’s promotional materials not limited to Facebook. Nominees have a limited, non-exclusive, temporary license to use the Credit Union’s Facebook Fan Pages.
13. The Credit Union is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected nominations or nominations received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; © unauthorized intervention in any part of the nomination process or the voting period; (d) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Program or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from nominees or voters participation in the Program, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website or Facebook page, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
14. The Credit Union’s employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in voting or as a nominee.
15. The Credit Union reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Program at any time. Notice of any significant changes to the Program or its rules shall be posted at millcity.cccu.com and CCCU.com.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Greater Good, or any other entity that is not specifically named as a Sponsor of this Promotion.
17. Questions about this Program may be asked by emailing email@example.com